[Flood-Control] High Hazard Dams in Kinney County

Wenberg, Brian - NRCS, Temple, TX Brian.Wenberg at tx.usda.gov
Fri Apr 4 17:15:14 CDT 2014

Thanks.  I think that both of these dams were originally designed and constructed as high hazard dams.  The main purpose of the NRCS Small Watershed Rehabilitation Program is to upgrade dams that were designed and constructed as low hazard up to high hazard criteria because downstream changes caused the dams to be reclassified.  The work that these dams may need may fit the TSSWCB repair program better.  We can talk more about it next week.

Thanks,
Brian